Thursday, May 20, 2010

A day of adventure

Hey all!
So, today I decided that I would go on a little adventure, and ventured into Toronto to visit a friend. I used transit 100% of the way, which is something I always like. My friend lives in the West Humber area of Toronto, which is in the north-west end of the city. Well worth the trip, I say!

Toronto is probably one of my favourite cities in the world, if not THE first favourite. It's a city where all of the world's cultures live together. Toronto has countless neighbourhoods where a particular ethnic group flourishes. Be it Little Italy, Chinatown, or Greek Town, Toronto has it all. I believe that this is one thing that makes it such an amazing place. It's Canada's largest city, and a major city even on the international scale. It has world-class entertainment, dining, and shopping, so there is never a shortage of things to do. Indeed, even walking the streets of the downtown is a day-long adventure all on its own. I feel that the world doesn't give Toronto the recognition it deserves, for it is one of the world's best examples of a cosmopolitan metropolis.

Here's a few pictures of Toronto that I found, to show you all a little bit of the city that I love so much:

Street-view of Bay Street. Bay Street is Canada's version of Wall Street, making up the heart of the Financial District of the city.



Looking west on to Downtown Toronto.




A view of Toronto's skyline at nightfall from Lake Ontario. The CN Tower is one of Toronto's most well-known landmarks, and it's height is clearly demonstrated in this picture.





Although technically not part of the City of Toronto, Mississauga is a neighbouring city. The two cities have expanded into each other, making it all feel like one giant "mega city". This is a view of the Mississauga's City Centre. Many new buildings are currently being constructed, adding to this quite beautiful skyline.


And there you have it, a little taste of Toronto. If you ever want to experience a unique and beautiful city, I recommend checking it out sometime -- you won't be disappointed!! I hope you fall in love with it just as I have.

1 comment:

  1. This is perhaps one of the most joyous things I have seen in a while. hee hee!

    TROP FORT, Rob.

    ReplyDelete